Day 16 (Fine Art) - Abstraction with Tape and String
Heidi as with other course teachers has clear goals from sessions and it's great to create something and also understand something of the exercise. Resources for Monday 18th that we brought along were Coloured Tape along with String/Tread/wool. Working area After Heidi talking about some ways that Artist used space ( Bruce Nauman's Walking in an Exaggerated Manner Around the Perimeter of a Square 1968 ) this was a filmed performance and for me what I saw was not a great realisation of a challenging idea). (This was a long way away from other work I have seen by Nauman ). We also looked at some other examples of Tape and thread being used - Jim Lambie is a figure working in this area of art - his work looks (to me) as 'decorative'. I preferred the example of the Korean artist Sun K Kwak - the work suggests motion and direction. Duchamp's a mile of string was considered too as was the Drawing in the air and Uncertain Journey of Japanese Artist...
Comments
Post a Comment